From the Chairman, Sean Valigura:
For the entire team at Operation Valor, I would like to proudly announce our 2017 marquis event, The Fallen Heroes Memorial Run. Similar to the name change we made last year, we have updated the event once again this year to reflect our rapid growth and to help us appeal to a larger, more diverse audience regardless of military branch. However, our focus and mission are EXACTLY the same!
We’ve grown quite a bit in just over 4 years of existence now. But, our goals have always been the same: #1 – Honor, pay tribute and remember Chris Kyle and Chad Littlefield, #2 – Raise awareness for veteran’s issues, including PTSD. And, #3 – Raise money that we donate to fully vetted veteran’s charities each year. Last year, with 0% overhead, we raised just over $43,500 to help our nation’s Veterans in need!
This year, we’re splitting our proceeds evenly between:
Operation Enduring Warrior – (OEW) is a veteran-founded non‐profit 501(c)(3) whose mission is to honor, empower, and motivate our nation’s wounded veterans through a physical, mental and emotional rehabilitation. Our program helps participants overcome adversity and hardship through innovation, teamwork, and perseverance. This ultimately enables the lives of wounded veterans to go in directions they may have once thought were impossible. OEW is a completely volunteer run organization. Donations go directly towards operational support of the organization and its different programs.
The Combat Wounded Coalition – The (CWC)’s mission is to inspire our wounded warriors to Overcome. We accomplish this through direct programs and connections to other vetted organizations that support them through Pride, Power Purpose and Peace. Another CWC mission is to provide clothing modifications and Wounded Wear, a unique line of apparel for wounded warriors and patriots to support our wounded warriors. We also honor families of the fallen with opportunities to participate in events with our heroes.
The F7 Group – a nationally recognized 501(c)3 non-profit and White House designated “Champion of Change” that empowers and inspires Veterans, Women, and Youth through physical, mental, and spiritual health. Programs are designed that help Active Duty personnel and their families transition back into civilian life with training programs, seminars, and direct, one-on-one coaching.
Once again, we kick the weekend off with our charity benefit dinner and live auction on Friday night, October 27th in downtown Dallas.
The doors will open at 1830, and dinner will begin promptly at 1930. A full-course dinner with beef, chicken, fish, and vegetarian options will be offered. And…there will even be a special surprise for desert!
This year’s Guest speakers are:
- Nate Boyer – Green Beret, former member of the Seattle Seahawks, and UT Football standout.
- Lt. (SEAL) Jason Redman – Founder of The Combat Wounded Coalition
- Lt. Cdr. (SEAL) Justin Legg – USNA grad, Cancer survivor. Double-Lung transplant survivor.
And…our live auction will be even bigger and better than last year! Auction items include, but are NOT limited to:
- 2x custom AR-15s by Castle Tactical and Bravo Company respectively
- Custom, hand-crafted, FHMR-branded axe/machete from Half-Face bladesHand crafted,
- KLMR-branded axe from BlackGuard Customs (donated by Sean Valigura)Custom,
- Hand-crafted cowboy boots by Olathe Boots Company
- Dallas Cowboy’s, Dallas Maverick’s, and Texas Ranger’s ticket packages
- Day TripsVacation Packages
- Sports Memorabilia
…and much, MUCH more!
VIPs in attendance will include:
- The entire Littlefield Family
- Nate Boyer – Green Beret, Former member of the Seatle Seahawks, standout football player at the University of Texas
- Lt. (SEAL) Jason Redman – Founder of Combat Wounded Coalition
- Lt. Cdr. (SEAL) Justin Legg – USNA Grad, Cancer Surviror, Double-lung Transplant Survivor
- Capt. Robert Killian Jr. – U.S. Army, Winner of the 2016 Best Ranger competition. 2015 Spartan Race World Champion. 2nd Place – 2016 World’s Toughest Mudder Team Event
- Bonnie-Jill Lafflin – FOX Sports Reporter, First Female Scout in the NBA and former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Raquel Pomplun – Playboy Playmate of the Year 2013, model, actress will present this year’s Chad Littlefield Award for Service.
- Sarah Allen – 2012 Ms. Australia Bikini champion
- Cliff Braun – Finisher of the 2017 “The Selection” TV reality fitness experience
- Christian Griffith – Finisher of the 2017 “The Selection” TV reality fitness experience
- Deborah Arrieta – Elite OCT athlete, model and actress
- Laura Messner – Elite OCR athlete, Winner of Spartan’s Ultimate Team Challenge – Season 1
- Matt “the Bear” Novakavic – Elite OCR athlete
- Yancy Culp – Elite OCR athlete, owner and operator of Yancy Camp.
- Alexandra Walker – Elite OCR athlete
- Nicole Root – Elite OCR athlete, model
- Christina “Honey Badger” Armstrong – Elite OCR and endurance athlete, Death Race finisher.
- Jackie Rust – Elite OCR athlete
- Sue Luck – Elite OCR athlete
- Alexis Johnson – WBFF Fitness competitor, CrossFit Games 2016 – Finalist
- Brooke Rosalee Van Paris – star of “American Grit”, nationally qualifies NPC Figure competitor
- Chelsea Leigh Krautmann – Air Force veteran, elite level Fitness and figure competitor, model
- Christina Hillis – 2015 NPC Universe – Figure Finalist
- Sarah Leann – model and fitness athlete
Tickets are $125/plate for regular seating, $250/plate for VIP seating.
VIP seats include:
- VIP swag bagChoice of seating location (limited to availability. first-come, first served)
- Choice of celebrity table guests (limited to availability. first-come, first served)
- Professional photos
Full tables ARE available on a first-come, first-served basis and will be VERY limited. If you are interested please contact us at fh.support@OpValor.org for more details. Full table prices will be significantly discounted.
On Saturday morning, out in Glen Rose, Tx. on the hallowed grounds of Rough Creek Lodge, we will once again team up with our friends at Spartan Race for the Fallen Heroes Memorial Run! This year, for the first time EVER, Spartan Race and OCRAddict bring an ULTRA BEAST to Texas in addition to the regular Saturday Beast! Here’s a link directly to the Spartan Race registration page:
It is truly and honor and privilege to once again have Operation Enduring Warrior join us with one of their MATs to help this year’s official OEW Honoree, Lt Cdr. (SEAL) Justin Legg – Cancer survivor and double-lung transplant survivor through the entiure Beast Course on Saturday.
So, come out and join us in paying respects to Chris Kyle, Chad Littlefield, and ALL those brave veterans lost to us in the line of duty! And, PLEASE make sure you use the “ocraddict” discount code at checkout!
We realize that many of you simply cannot make the trip out to Glen Rose to join us in person, so once again, we are bringing you a VIRTUAL RUN + WOD option! This will be a 5K run accompanied by the Official CrossFit Chris Kyle Hero WOD! The finisher’s medal has been upgraded and updated from last year! And, to liven things up this year, we’ve added a COMPETITIVE MODE!
The Top 3 finishers in both Male/Female and Open/Master divisions, as well as the Top 3 Boxes/Gyms (total of your Box/Gym’s best 5 times) will each win custom engraved, wooden plaques…and a very special gift from me personally. We’ll keep a running leaderboard of all official results. And, the winners will be announced on Monday, November 6th.
To wrap up the weekend, on Sunday after the completion of the Spartan Sprint, we will hold our big, annual raffle event! You do NOT need to be present to win! We already have a monster of a donation list…please see the ever-growing list at:
For the entire team at Operation Valor, I invite you to join us this year…whether you’re in DFW or not! Help us to help the veterans that have give us SO much.
For all the latest and greatest news and announcements, please see our social media platforms on:
- FB: @FallenHeroesMemorialRun
- IG: @FallenHeroesMemorialRun
- Twitter: @FallenHeroesRun
- LinkedIn: @OperationValor
Remember Chris and Chad with us!
- Proudly announcing our partnership with @cwc_org & Jason Redman, founder, ret US Navy SEAL and author. Join us… http://t.co/AcJASG4M2U 1 month ago
- Thanks to our sponsor Colfax Tactical in Oregon for sharing the progress of the custom rifle for FHMR Dinner Oct 27… http://t.co/0jdEfQmdqK 2 months ago
- Reserve your Table of 8! $1,000 for General Admission & $2,000 for VIP. Tickets at http://t.co/VWWljft2ua, limited… http://t.co/vH8DmBTBK9 2 months ago